»» 15.MAR.2018 / updated: ---facebook/
Windows Mail: Windows 10 includes enhanced automatic email notification service to automatically notify you of new emails and manage all accounts in one place. Once you add any of your email accounts to the Windows 10 Mail application, which is a free built-in system mail function, it regularly checks the mailbox and automatically sends notifications about incoming emails, which you can read them, and you can send an immediate response.
The comfort mail is displayed on the task bar as a white envelope icon. If you click on the icon, the Mail function built in Microsoft Windows will appear. In a small, light-gray circle indicates the number of emails received.
Quick tip: On the right side of the tray, down near the clock, a small pop-up window notifies the contents of the letter so you can decide, read if it is important, or wait while reading the received message.
The new Microsoft Windows 10 Mail Embedded feature supports Outlook, Exchange and Office 365 accounts, but is a separate application.
- Attention! If you connect a Microsoft account (Outlook.com, Hotmail, MSN, or Windows Live), the system automatically takes this account into the Windows Mail application, but this account Cannot Be Deleted.
- Note: I added my Windows Live account, but I could not delete it, just by reinstalling Windows. Since then I have not added Outlook.com, Hotmail, MSN, Windows Live, just Free Gmail, Freemail, Citromail.
- If you select + Add account, and add a new, instead of Windows platform, for example: Gmail, Free Mail, Citromail, or other addresses as a secondary account, they can be deleted at any time you want. Below is described how to add or delete these accounts
If you have not added any accounts:
Click the white envelope icon from taskbar (bottom, left).
On the right side of the window, click on the +Add account link.
In the Choose Account window, click the Other Account link (POP, IMAP).
In the window that appears, enter the associated email address and password. In the middle row, enter a name that will be used to send email (it can be anything, for example: John, Mary, etc.). This name will be automatically added under the message you are sending. Finally, click the Sign In button.
After checking your email address, a new window will appear. Click Done button.
If you add another account:
Click on the white envelope icon from taskbar (bottom, left).
In the Mail app window, on the right, click on the Settings
On the right side of the Mail app, a new window with a new setting is displayed. Click the Manage accounts link
A new window will be displayed. Click the link below + Add account
In the window that appears, enter the new email address and associated password. In the middle row, enter a name that will be used to send email (it can be anything, for example: John, Mary, etc.). This name will be automatically added under the message you are sending. Finally, click on the Sign in button.
Deleting account or multiple accounts
If you want to delete an account click on the white envelope icon from taskbar (bottom, left).
In the Mail app window, right, down, click on the Settings icon.
On the right side of the Mail app, a new window with a new setting is displayed. Click on the Manage accounts link.
Select the account you want to delete.
A new window will appear where you can click on the Delete Account link (found below). Do not click on any other button.
In the new window, you must confirm your intention to delete. Click on the Delete button in the lower left corner.
If an error has occurred
- Failed to connect: Check again if you have entered your email or password correctly.
- Does not work: If you disable Microsoft access to the calendar application, the email application will not work.
- Restart the program: If you recently added a new email account, you will need to close the Mail program and wait about 30 seconds, then open again.
- Update your mail: If you have a problem, update your Windows system and Mail with it. Press Windows Logo + I to open the Settings app. Look for the Update & Security icon and click it. Then, in the new window, click the Update link on the right, above.
- Email does not work: There may be an Internet connection error. The problem can be solved if the Internet connection is disabled for a few minutes, then enable the connection and try again.
- Finally: Try a system restore when the e-mail program worked fine. Press the Windows Logo + Pause (or Pause-Break) buttons at a time. In the Properties window that appears, click the System Protection link in the left-hand bar and in the newer window, click System Restore.