Home / 2011 / Updated: ---
Using Windows 8 BitLocker: Protect what can protect. BitLocker is an encryption service built into Windows 8. Only works if you have at least two partitions.
Data, images, documents, movies and videos, precious files on your hard drive, you can encrypt with BitLocker (Drive Encryption BitLocker), so they are hidden from prying eyes.
1.) - With this service you can encrypt drives at sectoral level.
2.) - A highly reliable solution for data protection.
3.) - Files encrypted with BitLocker can only be decrypted by the operating system which encrypted.
There are two methods you can use:
1.) - Disk with password protection (enough for personal use).
2.) - You can use a smart card. Need a PIN (safest method).
Finally, a recovery key is generated, you can save with a Microsoft account, or to a USB drive, or print, but if you don't have very important data, you can save on the hard disk on a different partition.
I don't have nothing to hide on my computer, but the spyware circulating on the Internet, does not know, therefore, encrypted, can't see my data. In plus, if we have create multiple user accounts on one computer, help keep personal files safe from prying eyes.
(Cannot encrypt disk or partition where your operating system is installed)
1) - I clicked on the Computer icon on the Desktop
2) - With the right button of the mouse I clicked on the drive that I want to be encrypted
3) - From pop-up menu I selected BitLocker link.
4) - In the new window, I checked Use a password to unlock the drive.
5) - I gave a fairly good password, then clicked Next.
6) - Here I selected Save to a USB flash drive option, to save the unlock key.
7) - After having saved the key, I selected Encrypt used disk space only, and click on Next.
8) - A warning window will appear. Click on Start Encrypting button. With this finished.
It took just a minute.
Encryption lasted an hour, but do only once, during computer use it does not slow down your computer. Just insert the USB drive containing the release key, and can work without problems as well.
The unit decryption is not necessary, only when use.
For hard disk data encryption on Windows 8 system do the following to get started:
- First, insert a USB flash memory stick, on a free port, as in our example here we save the password for BitLocker.
1) - Click on the Computer icon on Desktop.
2) - With the right button of the mouse click on the drive that you want to be encrypted. (Cannot encrypt disk or partition where your operating system is installed)
3) - From pop-up menu select Turn on BitLocker link.
4) - In the new window, check Use a password to unlock the drive. Gave a fairly good password, then click on Next.
5) - Here select Save to a USB flash drive option, to save the unlock key.
6) - A window displays the connected USB drive. Click Save.
7) - After saving, click on Next.
8) - Select Encrypt used disk space only, and click on Next.
9) - A warning window will appear. Click on Start Encrypting button. With this finish.
Using a USB flash drive, the BIOS must support USB devices before the system startup.
After scanning, remove, because the key information is not stored encrypted, so the attacker can gain easy access to all databases!
1) - When you open the USB flash drive, will see only BitLocker key.txt. The system this file open for decryption.
2) - If a fatal error occurs, open the file and follow the instructions.
Wallpaper: Wallpapers HD Win7, 8, 8.1, Win10, Android, Linux compatible, high-resolution for monitor, laptop, tablet or TV
Find my device: Feature in Windows 10 called Find My Device available now, can help you locate your PC if its lost or «stolen»
Automatic espionage: Microsoft not retired «DiagTrack», only renamed in «Connected user experience and telemetry services»
God Mode: Control panel settings in one file. «Master Control Panel» offers more than 300 options for change in registry
Win for free: Windows 8.1 and 10, includes function «Windows To Go Wizard». Installed on a USB drive, can run anywhere
Dual boot: To run Windows in dual-boot, you can sharing your existing hard disk, or install on a separate partition
Clean install: Change boot order in BIOS, that the computer boot from the USB that contains the operating system Windows 10
Format NTFS: New purchased external HDD is usually able «gross», that is unformatted, so Windows «sees» as a unit unformatted
Data Recovery: If SanDisk micro SD card due to an «I/O device error», not thrown in the trash. Is one chance to get data back
Silent program: More than 100 programs can be installed without intervention in almost 20 minutes with this method
Windows: After programs, updates, remain useless files. From internet, downloading spyware, viruses, causing slowdown
Android: The phone generates a lot of unnecessary files that can slow down the device. Computer, laptop, tablet, smartphone
Nokia Lumia: Description how download - upload images and other files on your phone or from your Windows Phone
Windows Phone: On this site you find a description how to update Microsoft Windows Phone system on your Nokia Lumia phone
Site content, text, tips, descriptions, images, RegTweak.exe program is created to the «webmaster», under the protection of Creative Commons. Total license you can read here: Creative Commons. Copy, distribute, tips, descriptions can be used for personal use only with webmaster permission, and with backlinks display
Careful: The descriptions may contain errors, use at your own risk