Home / 08 Apr 2013 / Updated: 09 Oct 2013
VHDX virtual Drive Encryption: BitLocker is an encryption servicebuilt into the operating system Windows 8, with which we can protect the data on a drive, stored in so-called VHDX, namely virtual hard.
VHDX is a file format created on a hard disk partition with virtual dynamic growth. It is similar to a regular folder where the saved data continuously fill.
On VHDX, virtual disk stored: Data, photos, videos and files documents, are desirable to encrypt with BitLocker encryption service (BitLocker Drive Encryption) so that they are hidden from prying eyes.
Advantages of creation, using and encryption virtualdisk VHDX:
a.) - Advantages of creating VHDX:
1) - Can be prepared during operation system Windows. No need to create a new partition.
2) - Similar to using a single file, however is treated as a hard drive on Windows.
b.) - Advantages of using VHDX:
1) - To protect data on VHDX, requires only disk image encryption.
2) - The hard drive can still be used without encryption.
c.) - Advantages of VHDX encryption:
1) - Disk with password protect (enough for personal use).
2) - You can use a smart card. Is necessary a PIN code (safest method).
Finally, a recovery key is generated, you can save with a Microsoft account, or to a USB drive, or print, but if you don't have very important data, you can save on the hard disk on a different partition.
I don't have nothing to hide on my computer, but the spyware circulating on the Internet, does not know, therefore, encrypted, can't see my data. In plus, if we have create multiple user accounts on one computer, help keep personal files safe from prying eyes.
(Cannot encrypt disk or partition where your operating system is installed)
1) - I clicked on the Computer icon on the Desktop
2) - With the right button of the mouse I clicked on the drive that I want to be encrypted
3) - From pop-up menu I selected BitLocker link.
4) - In the new window, I checked Use a password to unlock the drive.
5) - I gave a fairly good password, then clicked Next.
6) - Here I selected Save to a USB flash drive option, to save the unlock key.
7) - After having saved the key, I selected Encrypt used disk space only, and click on Next.
8) - A warning window will appear. Click on Start Encrypting button. With this finished.
It took just a minute.
Encryption lasted an hour, but do only once, during computer use it does not slow down your computer. Just insert the USB drive containing the release key, and can work without problems as well.
The unit decryption is not necessary, only when use.
For VHDX virtual drive encryption with BitLockerWindows 8 proceed as follows:
- First, insert a flash memory stick, a USB port empty, because in our example here we save the password.
1.) - Click on the Computer icon on Desktop, and in the window that contains disks, click the virtual disk with the right mouse button. Of mouse pop-up menu, select Turn on BitLocker.
2) - In the new window, check Use a password to unlock the drive. Gave a fairly good password, then click on Next.
3) - Here select Save to a USB flash drive option, to save the unlock key.
4) - A window displays the connected USB drive. Click Save.
5) - After saving, click on Next.
6) - Select Encrypt used disk space only, and click on Next.
7) - A warning window will appear. Click on Start Encrypting button. With this finish.
Using a USB flash drive, the BIOS must support USB devices before the system startup.
After scanning, remove, because the key information is not stored encrypted, so the attacker can gain easy access to all databases!
1) - When you open the USB flash drive, will see only BitLocker key.txt. The system this file open for decryption.
2) - If a fatal error occurs, open the file and follow the instructions.
Data Recovery: If SanDisk micro SD card due to an «I/O device error», not thrown in the trash. Is one chance to get data back
Silent program: More than 100 programs can be installed without intervention in almost 20 minutes with this method
Windows: After programs, updates, remain useless files. From internet, downloading spyware, viruses, causing slowdown
Android: The phone generates a lot of unnecessary files that can slow down the device. Computer, laptop, tablet, smartphone
Nokia Lumia: Description how download - upload images and other files on your phone or from your Windows Phone
Windows Phone: On this site you find a description how to update Microsoft Windows Phone system on your Nokia Lumia phone
Android: Disabling animations will speed up navigating between different apps and interface screens on your phone
Wallpaper: Wallpapers HD Win7, 8, 8.1, Win10, Android, Linux compatible, high-resolution for monitor, laptop, tablet or TV
Find my device: Feature in Windows 10 called Find My Device available now, can help you locate your PC if its lost or «stolen»
Automatic espionage: Microsoft not retired «DiagTrack», only renamed in «Connected user experience and telemetry services»
God Mode: Control panel settings in one file. «Master Control Panel» offers more than 300 options for change in registry
Win for free: Windows 8.1 and 10, includes function «Windows To Go Wizard». Installed on a USB drive, can run anywhere
Dual boot: To run Windows in dual-boot, you can sharing your existing hard disk, or install on a separate partition
Clean install: Change boot order in BIOS, that the computer boot from the USB that contains the operating system Windows 10
Format NTFS: New purchased external HDD is usually able «gross», that is unformatted, so Windows «sees» as a unit unformatted
Site content, text, tips, descriptions, images, RegTweak.exe program is created to the «webmaster», under the protection of Creative Commons. Total license you can read here: Creative Commons. Copy, distribute, tips, descriptions can be used for personal use only with webmaster permission, and with backlinks display
The site was launched in 2007. After termination of the support for the Windows '98, the site moved on web hosting webhosticon. The first descriptions were made for XP, however, following the cessation support Microsoft XP (Experience), Windows7 and Vista many descriptions were deleted. From 26 October 2012 more Windows 8 and 8.1 tips have been added, and in late 2014 October tips for Windows 10. Meanwhile, the facade of the site has changed twice, but in early 2016 with the spread of smart phones, tablets, has become important to turn the site into responsive «mobile-friendly». Current website design, optimized for mobile devices, was created in the first months of 2017
Careful: The descriptions may contain errors, use at your own risk